Java is blocking openprocessing sketches

edited May 2014 in General Discussion

Hello there,

I am relatively new in the processing-world. First of all, I just wanted to watch some sketches by others, mainly on openprocessing.org. The problem is, the more complicated sketches can't be shown because the javascript is blocked. I was looking around for solutions to fix this problem and have put the openprocessing.org-url into the exception list and put the security level to medium. But the sketches are still blocked, mainly because there are references to other sites for this sketches which are not on the exception list. Does this mean I have to put every host website from the sketch I want to see to the exception list? That can't be true. There must be a better solution for this problem. Can somebody please help me out here?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• edited May 2014

Only Java Applets got that issue. Processing programs exported as JavaScript mode works as any other JS script! O:-)

• But than it seems like all of the sketches I want to look at are Java Applets. What is the difference and where can I find programs which are exported as JavaScript because it seems like most of the stuff I want to look at are Java Applets.

• @Semi you are double posting topics and comments - a single click is enough to post a topic or comment. I have removed the doubles.

• edited May 2014

Not so long time ago, Java applets were easy to run as a browser plugin.
    But in reaction to malware escaping from Java's plugin sandbox, bunch of restrictions are being implemented on running them!

Java applets have access to the whole Java language and is faster than JS!
    On the other hand, JS don't use plugins and is available in any modern browser!

JavaScript mode compiles Processing sketches written in Java as JavaScript.
    Unfortunately, only a fraction of Java can be converted to JS!

I pretty bet that more recent sketches are now in JS rather than Java!