Where can find PApplet source?

When debug, a warning tells, Class File Editor Source not found The source attechment does not contain the source for the file PApplet.class You can attach the source by clicking Attach....

Core.jar has been imported, how to find this source file?

Tagged:

Answers

• If you want to have source, you will have to clone processing repo.

Looks like you're using Eclipse or Netbeans, so you have to read appropriate guides.

If you just want to peek into PApplet.java source you can find it online on github repo: https://github.com/processing/processing/blob/master/core/src/processing/core/PApplet.java

• Eclipse is. I import the core.jar, the project executes well, but when run debug, it warns as above. I try to import all relative files, but no use.

Thanks.

• I copy this file into my doc's src fold, but it seems no any change for the warning. any suggestion? Thanks.

• The core.jar does not contain the source code for Processing. So as dimkir said you need to clone the Processing repository.

I suggest that you use Eclipse to clone the repository - see here for guide.

• but mine's seem a little different. I try and it s too slow to wait.

• at 49% it nearly stop... anything wrong?

• dawdle still, set aside.

and what is this clone different from the copy I did above?

• edited October 2013

why does it move so slowly, now it only reach to 86%. the file is only 129267, an hour pst. is there any thing wrong?

• why does it so slowly

The Processing source is huge so will take a long time to clone.

what is this clone different from the copy I did above?

It is the source code - core.jar only has the compiled clases.

• I copy the papplet.java, too.

• edited October 2013 Answer ✓

If you followed the instructions and cloned the Processing library into Eclipse then the Eclipse IDE should have a number of processing-projects like this.

Eclipse IDE

Now right click on YOUR project and

(1) select Build Path | Configure Build Path

(2) click the Libraries tab and remove core.jar

(3) click on the Projects tab - then click Add - and select the processing-core project.

When you debug you should be able to set into the source code for Processing core classes.

Good Luck [-O<

• Thank you, I browse all the fold cloned, find no similar with your list content. Im afraid I have to redo the process again. How shall I delete those clone files all? directly delete or from...?

• and many repeat files such as .java in the clone files.

• edited October 2013 Answer ✓

When debug, a warning tells, Class File Editor

when debugging sketches you should "Step Over" rather than "Step Into" the processing core methods.

If you still want quickly to peep into processing source looking at github should be enough.

If you clone the whole repo you will have a lot of new questions. Because you will have to learn git and egit and github. Also If you clone current repo, it will contain the latest source, which I believe may be different from the version of the core.jar you will be "Stepping In" when debugging. Thus line numbers and code may be different. Thus if you finally manage to clone the processing repo, then you run in the risk of starting debugging and realizing that you're stepping into wrong lines of code which do not make sense.

• very reasonable. I was told that the github repo is updating time to time. It is certainly different from the old core.jar. so much following problems come to and ask for this and that files... Thus I decide to delete those downloaded files. Do I cancel them by simple deleting the fold or go to control panel to execute?

What I feel strange is when I use step over I still get inside the function which I wish to jump over. odd enough.

• edited October 2013

the sample likes this,

public void draw() {

} //here, when continue F6, it will jump into sc...

when cursor stops at the last brace and continue F6, it will not execute loop to the beginning, but jump into the positoin of source code.

• Why does C or ctrl+k function not act on my browser? :)>-

• edited October 2013

Not sure if your previous message was a question...

But if you want F6 to "loop" on the next draw() call, you have to put a breakpoint on the draw() line (method breakpoint) or on its first line.

About Ctrl+K (or C), it can be useful to tell us what is your browser, we can't guess (and it is a bit off-topic).

• well, on the ctrl+k problem is off topic, set aside it.

back topic, I set the pont on the first line. now according to your suggestion to put it on the draw() line, not do trick ether.

• Not sure what is your problem...

I suppose you run Processing in debug mode, not in Run mode.

• from context, you can be sure that in debug mode. dimkir said well, so did qark. but I still have some question beyond. I wish waiting for more details.