Updating to Processing 2.1.2

edited April 2014 in How To...

Hi!

I've updated the Processing app to 2.1.2 version, and now, I have a lot of sketches that doesn't work. Most of them say me that they can't load/found the images. I reviewed the changes/log file and I didn't found anything about that. Any idea?

Tagged:

Answers

• edited April 2014

Perhaps your firewall/virus scanner/windows defender is blocking/restricting the new app in some way. When I get a new version of Processing, I always have to give it privileges again.

• Nope, I revised the permissions of the new version and doesn't works.

• edited April 2014

Sorry for the repeated posts, but when I try to write a commend appears a windows with a xml error.

• Try restarting your computer. Try removing everything and installing Processing from scratch. Try using println() to pinpoint the problem. Try moving the image to the data folder. Try adding an image to the sketch by dragging and dropping. Try if there is a difference between regular (JAVA2D) and OpenGL (P2D, P3D) renderers.

Which small code example gives this problem, at what line and what is the error message?

• Ok... - I restarted my computer. - I deleted the folder of processing and reinstalled again. - I put the images in the 'data' folder and in the root of the sketch. - I tried all the renders... JAVA2D, OPENGL, P2D, P3D.

And nothing... :( the console says me: Display 0 does not exist, using the default display instead. The file "background.png" is missing or inaccessible, make sure the URL is valid or that the file has been added to your sketch and is readable.

Thanks for your patience

• Loading an image is case-sensitive, are you sure the name is exactly as it appears on the file?