Illustrator seeks collaboration with programmer for data-driven (political) illustrations

I’m looking for collaboration with a programmer to make data driven (political) cartoons and illustrations: automated illustrations combining the dynamics of big data, automation and the sharp ‘pencil’ of illustration.

I’m a PhD researcher/ illustrator/ learner-programmer- looking into new kinds of automated illustration and I want to see how far this idea can be pushed. So far I’ve made some works, but find that it really needs the minds and skills of a programmer- who likes images, and an illustrator who likes programming, to come together. I’m the latter, but I fear my programming skills just arent good enough.

The illustrations are still experimental and need a next step. They have the potential for game-type interaction, data-viz with a twist, through to animated story. They need to become a real good mixture between program and illustration and eventually I want these to be destined for the web.

If you’re interested, I would like to continue the work in May. I’m pretty flexible with the dates- but sooner rather than later. I live in Brighton UK, but happy to see if we can work through Skype: see my website for the type of illustration I do: hoogslag.co.uk let me know cheers nanette info@hoogslag.co.uk

Answers