Processing won't open (quits immediatly)

edited March 2014 in Using Processing

Hello, I hope i'm posting this in the right section. I started using Processing two weeks ago and it was working just fine. But yesterday i tried to switch to the "javascript" mode and the application froze. I had to use the force quit and since then the app wont open anymore. When I click on it, the logo jumps a few time in the toolbar then it disappears. I cleaned my computer with onyx and ccleaner, i deleted absolutly all the files related to processing to re-install it from scratch, i tried with an older version of the application but nothing seems to work ... When i open it with the console.app there's only this message :

29/03/2014 17:23:28,011 WindowServer[108]: CGError post_notification(const CGSNotificationType, void *const, const size_t, const bool, const CGSRealTimeDelta, const int, const CGSConnectionID *const, const pid_t): Timed out 1.000 second wait for reply from "Processing" for synchronous notification type 102 (kCGSDisplayWillSleep) (CID 0x1dd77, PID 1337)

but i'm not sure if it has anything to do with the problem. Did anyone else have this problem ?

edit : my computer is on mavericks (Mac OS 10.9.2) and I was using the latest version of processing (2.1.1)

Answers

• Have you removed the JavaScript mode from the sketchbook folder? You wrote you removed all files related to Processing, but I don't know if you actually deleted your sketches...