Help! What's wrong with my Processing!

edited March 2014 in Using Processing

I have been using Processing for few months and everything is OK. However, yesterday I delete osc folder in Library, and the processing suddenly broke down. I tried many times and ways to start Processing, but it can't open even an empty sketch. I uninstall Processing and reinstall it twice, but it only create three empty folder: libraries, modes and tools. This is how I uninstall: I just delete the folder of Processing in the documents. Then I download th processing 2.11 and 2.03 and reinstall. Only the Processing 1.5 can work. 95084A97-50B1-4CBF-A043-3550230AB7C1

Tagged:

Comments

• What folder did you delete? How are you uninstalling and reinstalling?

• osc folder. I just delete the folder of Processing in the documents. Then I download th processing 2.11 and 2.03 and reinstall.

• Please do not post the same topic more than once. Not only is it annoying but it makes it harder for other members to support you.

I have deleted the other topic.

• What is the osc folder - just looked in Library and System-Library on my Mac and can't find it.

• Maybe I deleted something which is important and now what I can do to reinstall Processing and make it work?

• So you don't know what the osc folder is for, so why did you delete it? I have no idea what was in this folder but since I don't appear to have it on my Mac it probably isn't related to the operating system.

I suggest that you make sure you have the latest Java installed and try installing Processing again. Make sure it goes into the Application folder and reduce the security settings in System Preferences to allow it to run. After it works increase the security settings back to their original setting.