Kinect not running in Processing - Various Errors in SimpleOpenNI - On Mac Mavericks

edited March 2014 in Kinect

Hope everyone is doing fine.

I am quite new to Processing in general but I am getting the grip around things. I have recently got myself a Kinect sensor so I could start experimenting with this device in Processing.

I have been getting a variety of errors. I was told by a developer which I bought the Kinect from that all I needed was to install the SimpleOpenNI library for Processing and I could start immediately with the examples. Well he was wrong. I've been researching for solutions online but from what I've found it's not a common problem.

I managed to make installations (most made with Terminal using MacPorts And Homebrew [Xcode, Command Line Tools, XQuartz, CMake, Libtool, OpenNI SDK (v1.5.7.10), SensorKinect, NiTE]) following a tutorial but it still didn't work. Before I made these installations the sketch was crash immediately and the "quit unexpectedly" window popped up.

After installing all the above components and trying both Processing versions 2.1.1 and 2.0.3 I am now getting the following errors:

Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 17.18.48

The Kinect was connected in the above case.

Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 17.28.29

I know I am a beginner but I have tried everything I could before asking here so I would really really appreciate if someone would help out.

Thanks in advance guys :)