Extracted Application not working on windows 7 64 bit?

edited March 2014 in Using Processing

So it seems that I am not the only one with this problem, but have yet to find a decent work around for this problem. I need to use the latest version of the processing since the 32 bit can't read serials.

As stated above, the .bat file only runs for 1 second on a cmd, and just closes. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• edited March 2014

We lack information to give good advice.

By "extracted", I suppose you mean "exported". So you have trouble to run your exported sketch? Apparently you export in 64-bit mode, but you mention 32-bit mode, which is a bit confusing. Have you tried the 32-bit mode?

Have you tried to run the .bat file on a command line window to see if there is any message?

Have you tried to export a simpler sketch (no libraries, etc.) to see if it works?

• Yes, "exported". Sorry if I confuse you, because I am quite new here myself.

So I did try running the bat file, but it runs for 1 second and automatically closes itself.

I'll try a simpler sketch later on, probably an example from the processing itself, to see if it works.

• Are you trying run a sketch on one computer when you exported it on another? If so, that won't work because Processing only exports programs that work on the current system.

Shameless self-promotion: I created a little tool that helps you create standalone, self-extracting jars that work on every system. If that's the problem, it might help: http://StaticVoidGames.com/SvgExe/

• I exported my sketch on a win 7 64bit, but it is unable to run on the said computer.

I tried the same sketch on a win XP 32bit, and i got it working.

So is it the problem with my win7 64 bit compatibility?

And thanks for the link, will definitely try it out.

• As said, we don't have enough information. Is it a simple sketch? Does it uses a library? A native library like Serial? Etc.
    Is Java installed on the target computer? Is the sketch exported with Java?

You haven't even answered all the previous questions...

• Just to expand on what PhiLho said: it would be much easier for us to help you if you posted an MCVE that we could copy and paste into the Processing editor on our own computers. It shouldn't be your whole project, just enough to show us what's going on.

• edited March 2014
    /**
     * On/Off.  
     * Uses the default lights to show a simple box. The lights() function
     * is used to turn on the default lighting. Click the mouse to turn the
     * lights off.
     */

float spin = 0.0;

void setup() {
      size(640, 360, P3D);
      noStroke();
    }

void draw() {
      background(51);

if (!mousePressed) {
        lights();
      }

spin += 0.01;

pushMatrix();
      translate(width/2, height/2, 0);
      rotateX(PI/9);
      rotateY(PI/5 + spin);
      box(150);
      popMatrix();
    }

So this is one of the examples in Processing which I tried exporting. It produces a .bat file, but it doesn't run.

This sketch is exported with java, I have the latest Java installed on this computer which I am trying to run the exported sketch on.

I hope this is a simple enough sketch,and it uses native libraries.

• When you run the .bat file via the command prompt, do you see any errors printed to the console?

• Well, apparently, it works now. I have done countless changes to my current 64-bit computer, including changing variable paths, installing android SDK, puTTy, and some other minor programs, so I seriously don't know what I did to make it work.