not run

edited March 2014 in Using Processing

hi, i have a problem with processing. after i write the program in processing (and there aren't sintax error) the icon for run the program be yellow but the program doesn't run...never....i don't know why. can someone help me? please write me quickly because i need to use processing, thanks.

Answers

• Can you post a small example that demonstrates the problem? Have you tried just restarting?

• this is a very very simple example. you can see that the button to make run the program be yellow.../Users/stefanocurcio/Desktop/Screen shot 2014-03-19 at 3.23.56 PM.png

• and i try to delete and download few times processing

• (sorry if i make some error writing in english)

• Your screenshot didn't work. Can you post the code you're trying to run?

• void setup() { size(100,100); background(0); }

• i use processing 2.0.3

• Try using the latest version of Processing. Are you sure you're in Java mode? I'm not sure this stuff matters, but also make sure you have Java installed, on your path, and JAVA_HOME set correctly?

• thank you thank you very much!!! after i install mac software on my new hard disk i forgot to install java! ups....thank you

• edited March 2014

Try using the latest version of Processing.

It's not always a good idea! Processing is a very experimental project and some times newer versions can make older OK code buggy! I see complaints about latest 2.1.1 almost everyday! And let's not forget 2.1+ removed exporting to other OSes! :-L

I w8 for the dust to fall down before upgrading to newer Processing versions! :P @ v2.0.2 now!