Where are a Processing sketch's compiled Java files?

I have a program which is throwing an exception but not highlighting a line in the PDE — I suspect because I'm using a plain Java library. In the (rather large) stack trace, I can see at websocketServer.draw(websocketServer.java:184). Where is that compiled file on OS X? Spotlight's giving me nothing, I assume because it's probably in a folder that's hidden by default.

Thanks.

Answers

• is websocketServer one of your files? if not (and you don't say) you won't see the source for it.

my compiled files are in a directory in /tmp. it starts with the project name but has a random suffix. (although this is linux, not osx, but it might be the same)

• Yes, sorry, my bad: websocketServer.pde is the main sketch file, so my understanding is that would be compiled to websocketServer.java. Unfortunately I don't see them in /tmp.

Thanks.

• Hit CTRL+E to export it! o->

• That doesn't get the file I'm after though. I end up with a bunch of .jar files, which can be unzipped to show the .class files inside.

I think what I'm actually looking for is the intermediate stage, where the Processing files have been pre-processed to plain Java but before they've been compiled into .jars.

I'm sure I've accessed them before, but I don't remember where it was (or which OS I was using at the time), and searching is giving me nothing.

• Answer ✓

CTRL+E generates a ".java" file too. Just look harder! [-(

• I stand corrected! Didn't notice the .java file next to the .pde with the same name (in the application/source folder, for the benefit of future searchers). Thanks!