Problems running a sketch (OSX)

edited March 2014 in Using Processing

I have a huge problem. So I updated my mac, now running osx 10.9.2, and my sketches won't run anymore whenever there is a draw method. I can run code if there is no draw method, like getting one frame from setup, but whenever I include the draw method the sketch won't run. The run button is yellow, but nothing happens. I can export the sketch and run it as an application, but not from Processing IDE itself.

I tried the troubleshooting faq, like moving the sketch folder, but that didn't solve it....

Anybody have suggestions?

Answers

• I have gone through 3 updates from 10.6.8 to 10.9.2 and not experienced any problems. It would be useful to know the version of Processing you are using and whether this occurs for all renderers i.e. JAVA, P2D and P3D.

• I have latest Processing version, Processing 2.1.1. (at least I think it's the latest, I downloaded it earlier today to see if an update might help).

I can't render any of the options, not JAVA, not P2D, not P3D...

I mean, I can get around by exporting every sketch and then running it, but that's a real hassle I'd love to avoid...

• It you are exporting it using the default values then the exported application is bundled with the JVM that comes in the Processing download.

I am not sure whether Processing uses the installed Java or the one that comes with Processing but it might mean there is some problem with the version of Java OSX has installed.

• I'm having a similar problem but I can run a sketch once, but never again until I restart. More details in the post: http://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/3517/must-restart-pde-after-one-run-of-sketch#Item_5