How can I get any data from a bluetooth headset?

edited February 2014 in How To...

Win 7 Processing 2.1.1

My goal... I would like to run a program (BitVoicer) after my Bluetooth headset has connected and close the program (BitVoicer) after it has disconnected. I would also be happy with starting and stopping the program upon pressing the multifunction button on the headset. I have been banging my head against the wall for the past 3 weeks trying to figure out how I can get this done.

I have tried using extraPixels bluetoothdesktop library and have succesfully opened/closed the program upon connection and disconnect by searching for the "Headset" service it provides (if it's there, open; if not, close). But if I use the find() function of that library to check what services are still available (ie. "Headset") it kicks my current headset connection for a moment and then BitVoicer will no loner accept input.

If I go to the headset's properties via "Devices and Printers" I can see under "troubleshooting information" that the "Last Connection :" info is JUST what I need as it tells me the last time it was connected if disconnected and it says "currently connected" if it is so. Any ideas on how I can use this "Last connected:" info in my sketch?

Any ideas on how to read any sort of data coming from the headset? All my efforts to read any data have been futile but I am a noob and still trying to read through the bluetoothdesktop library to see how it works exactly.