Bizarre Results Running Apps on Android

edited February 2014 in Android Mode

I'm in the middle of a project to capture sensor data using an Arduino, pass the data through Bluetooth to Android and display graphical representations of the data in real time.

After much trial and error I finally got the Bluetooth working and the Android can display the raw data coming in both in a Bluetooth terminal as well as in a Processing application. I've also got the display portion of the application working with simulated data, but without Bluetooth data.

Every time I try to add functionality to the base program, it will not run.

Now, here is where it gets truly bizarre. I have a working program that will connect to bluetooth and display the incoming stream of data. I want to keep that program as a known good baseline, so I make a copy of the program, and when I attempt to run it, the program will not run... meaning that it will not go through the connection process and display the data - it compiles, uploads and starts without error, but hangs somewhere. I go back to run the original program and it works fine. I've tried cutting and pasting as well as "save as" with the same results.

I'm completely out of ideas. Anything worth trying to troubleshoot and correct this issue?

Shouldn't an identical copy of a program work identically?

PC is running Win8, Processing ver 2.0.3 (because I had some issues with 2.1), Android 4.2.2 rooted, HTC Incredible, Arduino Uno with HC-05 bluetooth

Answers

• Hi have you checked the permissions (bluetooth) in the new copy?

• Well after much trial and error I finally got things working. I tried so many different things I can't say with any certainty what got thing back on track, but it now works.