Program crashing. Bug?

Good evening everyone!

So I have been working on a game for quite a while now. But as of late it happened to crash from time to time. And I am not sure what it is, because it's not a code error, but something that I have never seen before. I get the following error code in my output:

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fff576b9432, pid=20039, tid=0x0000000000016c03

JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_144-b01) (build 1.8.0_144-b01) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.144-b01 mixed mode bsd-amd64 compressed oops) Problematic frame: C [libsystem_c.dylib+0x1432] strlen+0x12

Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again

An error report file with more information is saved as: /Users/bruusriezebos/hs_err_pid20039.log

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit: http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize). For more information, read revisions.txt and Help → Troubleshooting.

I have no idea what could cause this, because it happens randomly. I have tried to recreate circumstances where it would crash before, but whenever I do so it works without problems. It even happens with actions that use code which I have been using for a month now.

Googling didn't give me anything useful either, because I'm using a mac, as opposed to the other people who had the problem but used windows.

Anybody knows what it is, and if at all possible, how to fix it? Kind regards.

*Quick edit: Copy pasting the error message made the post quite messy, I will attempt to make it readable.

Answers

• Small follow up: After some more testing, it appears that it happens almost 90% the times when code using text(); or anything from PFont is involved.

• post your code or a mcve

• My code is 1751 lines in total. I don't think posting the entire thing here is going to do a lot of good. And I wouldn't know how to make an mcve of it either.

• An error report file with more information is saved as: /Users/bruusriezebos/hs_err_pid20039.log

You could maybe post this. Anonymise it if necessary.

The error mentions strlen but it looks to be deep inside a dynamic library. Maybe try a different font?