Raspberry Pi Camera - Any luck on debian build?

Hey all

I wondered if anyone has any success using the raspberry pi camera module with processing? I've installed Processing 2.0.1 (I think of the top of my head) onto my raspberry pi, then tried calling the camera but to no avail, I wondered if there was a library out there or some tricks you know of to get it working?

Cheers

Answers

• There was some discussion a while ago about the video library on the Raspberry Pi, maybe it helps: http://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/comment/7192#Comment_7192

• Not really mate, they are talking about playing back video on the Pi. I'm talking about capturing it with the Pi camera module but thanks for looking :)

• The other thread mentions that the video library in processing uses gstreamer for video playback/capture, although version 0.10 instead of 1.0. This could be a problem, because I don't know if gstreamer 0.10 is available on the raspberry pi.

I haven't done any tests myself, but here there is some discussion from the rpi forum where people discuss how to use gstreamer 1.0 (from the command line) to grab frames from a TV tunner. And this is the repo for a gstreamer wrapper of the rpi the camera module. It mentions that gstreamer 1.0 is required. So I doubt that the built-in video library would work for capture...