"Soundfile doesn't exist please check path" error but soundfile is located in the sketch folder

I'm trying to incorporate sound into an exercise I'm doing from Dan Schiffman's book. I put my sound file into the folder for the sketch, but Processing still can't find it for some reason. Isn't that where it's meant to go?

Answers

• If you use the menu option to add file, or drag the file onto your processing window it'll put it in the correct place (which is the data folder, traditionally, although the sketch folder should work also).

Double check the name. Case is important.

• Aha thanks Koogs. There is some kind of problem with Processing on my windows computer. I copied the sketch and ran it on my mac and it works fine. I recently updated the processing and added a JRE even though I assumed that Processing comes with one (on the Windows PC), because something or other was asking me to. I think it is to do with one of these things. I'll delete P and re-install it and see how that works

• Double check the name. Case is important.

Win sometimes hides the case and writes MP3 or mp3 instead.

• You should also check the minim library for loading and playing sound files.

Kf