Export/Compatibility

edited March 2018 in Python Mode

Hello dear Python processing community,

I code a sketch that is working well in my computer.. However I have issues when it comes to share my sketch on a different computer.

First when I export my sketch, processing is not able to generate the windows64 app : "java.io.IOException: Launch4j seems to have failed." ( this is the first line of the error, I will send all of it below) Somehow the 32bit app is created and the .exe is working well on my computer. However the same .exe is not running on my coworker computer. (Windows10) ... Any idea how I could fix this ?

Second issue. I tried to run my code on processing Python on my coworker's computer and it's not working neither.. This is a weird decoding error and I can't understand where it comes from :

processing.app.SketchException: UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode bytes in position 28-30: invalid data at jycessing.mode.run.SketchRunner.convertPythonSketchError(SketchRunner.java:252) at jycessing.mode.run.SketchRunner.lambda$2(SketchRunner.java:125) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

The weird thing is that there is no particular character... Here is the two first lines of my sketch :

add_library('minim') add_library('geomerative')

Here is more information that could help to solve this: - Python 3.6.4 installed in both computer (I know that is better to use python 2 but the code is running on my computer so...) - Java 1.8 installed in both computer - The app runned with admin right - The sketch directory is not "read only" mode - Last version of processing installed in both computer - Python mode directly installed from the contribution manager - I send the code via "Wetransfer", is that possible that it adds some weird character ?

Thanks you in advance :)

Valentin

here is the whole error I have when exporting :

Export to windows64 failed!

java.io.IOException: Launch4j seems to have failed. at jycessing.mode.export.WindowsExport.runLaunch4j(WindowsExport.java:184) at jycessing.mode.export.WindowsExport.export(WindowsExport.java:82) at jycessing.mode.export.Exporter.export(Exporter.java:76) at jycessing.mode.export.ExportDialog.go(ExportDialog.java:125) at jycessing.mode.PyEditor.handleExportApplication(PyEditor.java:284) at jycessing.mode.PyEditor$3.actionPerformed(PyEditor.java:168) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:842) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:886) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6533) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6298) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2237) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2295) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4889) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4526) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4467) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2281) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:90) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Tagged: