running in the background

edited January 2014 in Android Mode

how to make an application processing android mode that can running in the background?

Tagged:

Answers

• Why do you want a sketch that can run in the background? Most likely, you want to use Android's Service, but this would be impossible without major reworkings; Processing's PApplet extends Activity which is, by definition, only the graphical front-end of an Android application. So creating a sketch that runs in the background would either require rewriting PAppletto work with a Service or moving the sketch into a larger native Android project in Eclipse.

Perhaps this is not what you want. Can you provide more detail about your specific problem?

• i want to make a tweet generator that can tweet based on time or something else. i have no exp in native android so i choose processing android mode. is that possible?

• Answer ✓

This doesn't seem like the type of project that should be created in Processing (on Android, at least), although you could use a Processing GUI. You will probably have to go native. You may need Twitter4J.