My Eclipse AVD won't work now, but my Processing Android AVD does - what did I break?

edited January 2014 in Android Mode

To begin with, my hard drive died, so I'm having to set everything up agian.

So I have both Processing with Android and Eclipse installed on my machine. I had Eclipse working first, with a "hello world" app (as I'm teaching myself native Android programing) running on an AVD with a target of Android 4.4.2 - API Level 19 with the name of "Android_4.4.2". Worked just fine- nothing exciting.

Then I reinstalled Processing 2.0.3 onto my machine since I have a number of lesson type programs for Android already written. I got set up everything just fine and got a "hello world with Processing" app to run on the emulator. The set up is an AVD with a target of Android 2.3.3 - API Level 19 named "Processing-0217". The only problem, is that I had to set it up manually- no biggie. Works just fine.

Then I closed Processing and relaunched to Eclipse to make sure everything was good. When I launch my Eclipse "Hello world" it wants to launch the "Processing-0217" AVD. Not what I want. I want "Android_4.4.2".

How do i tell Eclipse to use "Android_4.4.2" again? I'm a novice with Eclipse. I never changed anything in Eclipse. I literally got it working. Closed it. Installed Processing Android. Got it work. Closed that. Relaunched Eclipse and now it's being odd.

Thanks, Shields

Answers

• Answer ✓

Best solution that I can come up with: From Eclipse, select the down arrow next to "Run" and open the "Run Configurations" window. From there, navigate to the "Target" tab. I have it set to "Always prompt to pick a device", but you can choose to automatically select a device every time. When the device is closed or disconnected, you will be prompted again. Most likely, you have the third option selected.

• fantastic! thank you!