A new prototype IDE for processing

Hello there! I am Eric a sophomore student majors in Computer & Science and Media Art and I participate in Hackathon a lot. After looking through the idealists, I found the idea of developing a new IDE of processing based on Javascript is really interesting. I know that we can use electron and React.Js to develop a cross-platform desktop App. The thing that quite confuses me is how to make this App more hackable in another word how to leave enough interfaces to make the new IDE can be customed. For myself, I have used the Processing and P5.js a lot. I do see there are some bugs in the now Processing's editor that I will put the issue on GitHub. Thus, when I see this project, it did leave me a great attraction and I want to do a favor on that. Moreover, I am trying to develop a notepad with electron and React. Js to see if my idea is workable. Is there any more advise on this idea?

Comments

• i wrote an editor for a 3D Turtle (like in the programming language LOGO but in 3D, think of a diving water turtle).

In this, you have multiple Elements :

The normal editor

one roll of all commands available: For each of them you can see a help text on its right

When you click on the command roll, the command gets inserted on the left in the editor text box (which holds you Turtle Script)

Another feature is when you click on any line in the editor the help text for that line (the command) is displayed in another box on the screen

When loading a turtle script instead looking at file names you can browse through graphics of the script and then load the script for that 3D graphic

You can steer the turtle with the keyboard in 3D space directly (wasd, cursor, ijkl if I remember correctly) to let the turtle draw in 3D. Those movements are recorded as commands to a new Script. So that’s graphically programming in 3D by steering the Turtle.

https://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/24563/3d-turtle-to-write-your-own-turtle-scripts-aimed-at-kids