I had an old version of Android Mode working fine, but when I upgraded to 4.0, Processing could get set up with the Android Sdk. I am using Processing version 3.3.6.
- I installed API 26 and its build tools
- I followed the steps on [https://forum.processing.org/one/topic/android-problems.html](this forum page) including setting environment variables and updating JDK
- When I manually changed preferences.txt to have android.sdk.path=[my path], Processing complains "Processing found an Android SDK, but is not valid. It could be missing some files, or might not be including the required platform for API 26."
- Otherwise, it simply complains "Processing did not find an Android SDK on this computer."
- If I locate the path manually it says the SDK could not be loaded
- I even tried "Download SDK automatically". The download finished, and Processing said the SDK could not be loaded. I tried locating the SDK manually to where Processing had just downloaded it, and got the same error
I took a look at [https://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/12665/android-sdk-could-not-be-loaded](this post), but nothing there seemed to help.
Surely, there is something I am missing. Can anyone identify what I am doing wrong? Thank you very much in advance!