Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CONTAINER_ERROR]

Hi,

Just installed Android mode a few days ago and try to run the first sketch from the Andres Columbri book:

void setup() {
  fill(0);
}

void draw() {
  background(204);
  if (mousePressed) {
    if (mouseX < width/2) rect(0, 0, width/2, height);
   else rect(width/2, 0, width/2, height);
  }
}

Here is what I get:

NDK is missing a "platforms" directory.
If you are using NDK, verify the ndk.dir is set to a valid NDK directory.  It is currently set to G:\processing\sketch\android\sdk\ndk-bundle.
If you are not using NDK, unset the NDK variable from ANDROID_NDK_HOME or local.properties to remove this warning.

The setTestClassesDir(File) method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0. Please use the setTestClassesDirs(FileCollection) method instead.
The getTestClassesDir() method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0. Please use the getTestClassesDirs() method instead.
The ConfigurableReport.setDestination(Object) method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0. Please use the method ConfigurableReport.setDestination(File) instead.
:app:preBuild UP-TO-DATE
:app:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE

... multiple lines ommitted

:app:validateSigningDebug
:app:packageDebug
:app:assembleDebug

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 1m 33s
35 actionable tasks: 35 executed
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CONTAINER_ERROR]                                                *****
Shutting down any existing adb server... Done.

I only have 365MB left on the ASUS tablet, could it be a memory problem?

Answers

• Answer ✓

Hmmm if this is your first app, then check this post: https://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/25085/no-device-connected#latest

I don't think the problem is storage. In any case, you can always go to your settings then storage to get a report of current usage, and then tap on the cache section to release the temporal storage to get some extra space. I think what is important right now is to make sure you have follow the proper steps to enable your phone to accept&run apk files.

Kf

• Answer ✓

@zuchero===

this error can be fired because there is not enough space left in your storage; yet, as @kfrajer, i think that it is more probably because you have not activated your phone to install apk in debug mode or not allowed files transfer.

• USB debugging and MTP were set,

I had about 200MB it did not work; deleted stuff to get to 365MB still not working and then posted here.

Kept doing this and now at 800MB the sketch shows up now and works ok!

Thanks to @kfrajer and @akenaton for replying

• @zukero, thxs for sharing your experience. Good to hear it is working now.

Kf