How to modify a 3d model with sketchup and processing

Hi was hoping for some tips as to how to add different effects to a basic brick shape? Was doing to make the brick in sketchup so that once processing adds effects to the brick i can put it back into sketchup to 3d print or CNC mill it. effects are things like: - using sound file to add texture using images to distort or effect the brick shape

As you can see im a newbie. But if you can at least point me in some directions so i can start to play around and read the right stuff.

Answers

• break your goal into steps

load shape: see loadShape for obj files

use minim library to receive sound

manipulate texture

• Am I right that you are interested in using noise to affect mesh geometry, something like this?

In particular, will your brick obj have 8 point? If so you won't be able to import into processing and merely manipulate those points -- you will have to interpolate them and add more, all while keeping the object / shape valid, because you will need hundreds of points to create a bumpy textured object. Processing obj import might not be the best method for doing something like this. It might (?) be easier to create a high-def brick from scratch in Processing.

Have you looked at the mesh library?