How to learn this ? Where to begin

edited October 2017 in How To...

Hello! I have been learning processing and I found this on Instagram, great inspiration now I'm trying to learn how to make this but im still really new and would appreciate any advice if anyone knows where to begin , key words to look up ? Thank you

Answers

• Author of the work is credited in the screen shots . I've tried to get in contact but no response

• How would you categorize your current knowledge? Generally you would only get replies on this forum if you have started to create something and are stuck. If you are new to Processing I can give more information on how to learm more.

• You should check the terrain generation example:

Just an idea, but probly not enough to produce the posts above. Showing your attempt at this stage is useful as we can see where you are coming from and allow us to give you better feedback, as mentioned by @Dinoswarleafs.

Kf

• edited October 2017

You should also check examples of using the PixelFlow library. The sketches you are referencing aren't exactly that, either, but terrain and liquid modeling are both related.

It also looks like it might be using a tilt-shift effect on top of that (the diagonal-out blur) to create depth of field. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt-shift_photography

• edited November 2017

You should also see :

And perlin noise random number generator.