Android Talk Back Function

edited January 2014 in Android Mode

Hi guys, Anyone know about the android "talkback" function? i'm doing an app in android mode. I want to implant into my program to work with my button , so that it will Read the words in my button. I'm currenly using controlp5 button. Thanks.

Answers

• I believe that you are referring to the TalkBack app that is part of the Google's accessibility suite. As I understand it, this feature will read Android's native TextView views and its various descendants, which a ControlP5 button is not (AFAIK, it is implemented at the canvas level, not the view tree level). To integrate your app with TalkBack, you would need to go native.

• edited January 2014

yup

• Yup it's in the accessibility in my android setting. i'm a new in processing, i don't get what you mean, could you simplify it? or just teach me the steps to getting it thanks

• Answer ✓

I don't think what you intend to do is possible with ControlP5. If you want this functionality, you will probably have to design a native app. Processing's Android mode was not created with the intention of being a replacement for Android development.

• Oh i see thanks alot! i've been stuck for the voice thing for a long time. :)