3D Game?

So im not sure how to make a 3D game but im just wondering how to and want to at least attempt doing it. Any Help would be nice!

Answers

• void setup(){
      size(600,400,P3D);
    }

void draw(){
      background(0);
      translate(width/2,height/2,0);
      lights();
      rotateY(map(mouseX,0,width,-PI,PI));
      rotateX(map(mouseY,0,height,-PI,PI));
      fill(255);
      noStroke();
      box(100);
    }

It's a box game. It's fun. There is no winning or losing. Just a box. I guess you could click on the box. But that doesn't do anything.

It's 3D though. And it's a game. The box game.

I guess my point is that you need to give us some more details about what sort of a game you want to make.

• Im not sure what im thinking of i just thought of a 3D game, I mean i guess i could make a First Person game or something like that but im not sure or something as simple as a minecraft like game where they have the 3D blocks and stuff like that. I play CS:GO and i mean it could be possible to do something like that but i know it would be something that would take a long long time to get something close to that type of game.

• Maybe you should start with something simple and work your way up. Minecraft is... really, really complicated.

Have you done any programming in Processing before, or in any other language? Maybe start with a target practice game, or a maze game? or 2D pong, then 3D pong?

• I suggest to take a look at unity or unreal engine instead of processing.

• Ya i have some of the basic knowledge of how to use processing and how to code in it. I mean ya Minecraft is a vary complected game when you look at it more but thanks so much for your help everyone!

• If you decide that you want to take on a very basic Minecraft-esque game, then I strongly advise starting with the queasycam FPS library and looking at the MazeRunner example.

• Hello,

I agree with clankill3r

your learning curve will be steep with those programs but at least you will get good looking results that run fast - much harder if not impossible to achieve with processing (unless you have 50 very good people working for you on this).

To get a feel for programming in processing, I think 2D pong, then 3D pong is a good idea too.

I once did a program where you place different blocks in 3D. Then you can run a marble over it as a marble track.

Chrisir