Using Game Control Plus with a 2 player game

edited September 2017 in Android Mode

Well, I have pretty much finished a great game on the PC that I will eventually port to Android. Currently it is single player against the computer. I would like to have it also be two player, using two trackballs, one for each player. It appears that GCP uses JInput, and that does not differentiate between two controllers of the same type, ie Mouse. It is happy to receive events from both devices to say, move the cursor, but does not care which device the event came from. Is there a solution for this?, I have a feeling "No".

Answers

• Well, I have found 3 JInput routines and in all cases, JInput treats all controller types that are the same as a single controller, so if you have 2 mice, it only shows that there is 1 controller of that type.

• GCP does have a number of limitations. In particular because it uses system dependant libraries it will not work with Android.

JInput identifies a controller by the type a number of inputs and the names allocated to them so will not differentiate between identical devices.