How to automatically run a processing exe from windows at certain times

edited September 2017 in Arduino

I have a processing sketch that fetches weather data and sends it to my Arduino. It works fine within Processing IDE and works fine using the exported EXE. Im trying to get Windows Task Scheduler to run the program at certain times in the day. I've tried scheduling other exe programs to open and it works fine. It's just not working with this processing EXE. The Task Scheduler says it ran correctly at the right times but it's just not doing anything on the screen or Arduino. Is there anything I need to put in my sketch to make it work better? Thanks for any suggestions.

Answers

• The Task Scheduler says it ran correctly at the right times but it's just not doing anything on the screen or Arduino. Is there anything I need to put in my sketch to make it work better?

Without seeing your code or how you hook it up to the scheduler to run, it is hard to say what is wrong with your approach. We can only guess which will not help in your situation. I'll say try generating a small simple executable that updates a log file every time it runs. You can record the status and quality of your sessions yourself. Then you can see if it is executing properly, for starters.

Kf