otf font are not working using the Chrome browser?

Hi!

There is known problem about not rendering otf fonts in Chrome?!

I created some web pages that are rendered very well in Firefox but not at all in Chrome. On the network tab appears the loading of main page, of the p5.js library but no font appears.

That's my question.

I could provide the js snippet of the page that works in Firefox, but not in Chrome.

Thanks for your understanding,

Kind regards,

Radu

Tagged:

Answers

• Is this p5.js?

Yes, go ahead and provide it.

• @radumir - Are you running the code locally (i.e. opening the index.html file directly from your PC) or on a test server? What does the browser console say? Firefox is known to be a little more flexible when loading cross domain resources when running local files. The console should definitely show if this is the issue...

• edited September 2017

Firefox is known to be a little more flexible when loading cross domain resources when running local files.

Cross-domain permission access (CORS) got nothing to do whether the ".html" is running over http:// or file:// schemes under Firefox. They're treated the same on Firefox-family browsers. :)>-

• edited September 2017 Answer ✓

@jeremydouglass

Yes, it is p5.js.

I solved the problem in the meantime by simply inspecting the code before I send it to you. I introduced by speed an oddity having a sequence of the type ... that firefox accepted but was gracefully ignored by chrome. When I put the inside everything looks ok in chrome too.

Thanks!

Radu