creating multiple instances of NetAddresses in OscP5

edited October 2013 in Library Questions

Hi, I'm fairly new to Processing and I'm using OscP5 to send processing data to max/msp. I don't know if this is possible but I'm trying to create something like an array of NetAddresses so that I can transmit separate ports of data to max.

I know Java/processing doesn't handle dynamic variables but I was wondering if there was a way to go about creating a variable number of NetAddresses perhaps in some type of loop. More specifically, I want to be able to make separate NetAddresses with a variable number of ports 'on the fly' during runtime. Is this even possible?

Please let me know if this doesn't make any sense.

Tagged:

Answers

• edited October 2013

I know Java/Processing doesn't handle dynamic variables...

Variables are the most basic value holder in any programming language! They can store up 1 value only! >-)
    To overcome that, variables can be made to point/refer to a more complex structure object;
    like an Array, ArrayList or HashMap, etc. In other words, variables store the physical memory address to objects! (*)

So, what you can do is choose an appropriate data-structure, and make a variable point to it.
    After that, you can store as many instance references of NetAddress objects as you want in that structure by using that variable. =:)