Chuck + Processing

Hi processing folk,

I have started working on a C++ library that I would like to eventually turn into a processing library: libchuck. libchuck will be similar to libpd in the sense that it will allow you to program the audio-synthesis part of an app in an environment that is specifically tailored to doing that (pure data for libpd, chuck for libchuck), then load that audio synthesis in other programming environments (java/python/...) using a file you saved to disk.

libchuck is currently in its infancy. the C++ interface is defined and I can make sounds by compiling and running chuck code from my C++ test programs. At some point, though, I plan on creating java bindings and packaging as a processing library (which I hope people on this forum would help me test/debug).

I'm also looking for windows and mac people who are comfortable with c/c++ to help me build and test on these os'es (I am a total linux snob).

Please contact me with questions, comments, etc. I'd love to hear from interested parties!

On another note, I know libpd's processing library is labelled as experimental, but I'm curious to know if anyone has tried using it and what your experience was like.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2014

Sounds interesting! How exactly are you thinking about doing this? Having a similar time structure in Processing would be the most amazing thing ever!

• great! have you made any progress since this post? I'm wondering if you have the lib available... I'm trying to take an array from a Processing sketch, and input it to a chuck program,