MINIM Install (arduino)

LMSLMS
edited March 2017 in Arduino

Why does MINIM install without a .CPP or .H file. The sample sketches in the library will not even compile. I scanned the library and cannot find the files. Any ideas? I am very new to the Arduino.

Answers

• minim isn't for arduino, it's a Processing library

• @koogs Is there a connection between the Processing IDE and the Arduino IDE? They are very alike and not surprise to see this question. It would be cool to have Arduino as one of the modes in Processing (yes... if it was written in Java of course and not C )

Kf

• So when my sketch tries to run "import.dff.minim", and the error"import does not name a type".... Doesn't minim have to be under the users/user/documents/arduino folder? Is it stored somewhere else?

• Can you post your code? Minim is a Processing library that is based on java. Arduino is C. Here is a recent post using Minim and interacting with and arduino unit which is sending data to it via serial:

https://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/21452/using-minim-to-create-3-playlists-to-play-based-on-input-from-arduino#latest

Kf

• edited March 2017

@LMS --

my sketch tries to run "import.dff.minim"

The line not should be import.dff.minim -- the word import is a keyword, and needs to be separate instead of connected with a period, e.g.:

import dff.minim.*

Edit: Unless this is something arduino-specific -- I hadn't noticed it was in the Arduino section and had read your post as referring to a Java sketch....