simpleOpenNi body tracking doesn't work on mavericks!

edited December 2013 in Library Questions

Hi, everybody,

I was very surprised when I detected that upgrading to mavericks osx has not been a good idea. The collateral damage is, by the moment, the fact that when I try to run a sketch based on the simple openni user 3d sketch, it doesn't work. It does not even start. I think that simple openni is not entirely compatible with mavericks, does it? I really would appreciate any comment about this issue, I'm developing a project totally based on body tracking with kinect.

Thank you in advance, rojele

Answers

• I would be very grateful if someone could give me an advice about how to go through this problem without having to revert to another os. Does anyone know how to use simpleopenni with mavericks osx?

thanks

• Was it definitely working on your previous version of OS X? I don't have my Kinect with me at the moment but my recollection is that the SimpleOpenNI examples were working OK on 10.9. Do the other examples run?

• Hi, Velvetkevorkian! Yes, I can assure it worked perfectly. In fact, I've been developing workshops with children in the last months based in the interaction with kinect and simple openni. Now, with mavericks, those sketches based in body tracking with simpleOpenni do not work, and that's a problem. Actually there is not any example of SimpleOpenni that works," problems with the connector libusb-1.0.0.dylib" and "Invalid memory access of location 0x0 eip=0xbbbdd1ec".. The openkinect library works well, but it does not allow to body tracking, I think.

Do you say that you don't have any problem with the Simple Openni library in mac 10.9? If that's true, it will be a relief, because it means that it's a problem that can be solved.

Thanks for your comments

• Recently upgraded to Mavericks as well and it works fine. I use the SimpleOpenNI-library.

• Having issues with all example sketches I've tried on Mavericks w/Java7u45 here too.

"Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize). For more information, read revisions.txt and Help → Troubleshooting."

I am happy to provide the error report if this is helpful. Thank you.

• How did you manage to work around this problem?

• Sorry for being so many time disconnected of this thread. Recently I needed again to set up simple openni, this time for El Capitan. This link worked like a charm.

Hope it to be useful for you