Smartphone to work even when it is turned off. I need your help. Please help me.

edited February 2017 in Android Mode

qu

Detailed description You will create an application program to monitor. ( at app.)

1. Start the program and watch the monitoring value.
  2. The screen of the cell phone turns off.
  3. Enables the alarm to be triggered when an event occurs.

For example,

1. It is similar to the message coming from messenger program.
  2. Can the program always wait on the smartphone?
  3. I want to be able to operate the smartphone when I send a signal from outside (WiFi, Internet, etc.).

To summarize, I want my smartphone to work even when it is turned off.

I need your help. Please help me.

Tagged:

Answers

• @Gwak===

sorry but if your phone is turned off (not in stand by or pause) not any event is captured till the user starts it again

• He probably doesn't mean 'off'.

This is obviously an assignment.

• edited February 2017

@koogs===

you re probably right but i don't understand what he means...i see a black screen with written SYSTEM OFF; is he speaking about "screen black" , is he speaking about "sleep mode" ???

• The screen of the cell phone turns off.

@akenaton -- Gwak surely means sleep mode by this.

@Gwak -- I am not an Android developer, but I believe that Sleep mode only wakes on alarms -- not network messages.

You may want a "wakelock".

• edited February 2017

@jeremydouglass===

ok; it seems more possible (using alarm manager or phone ringing or sms) BTW wakelock is not "sleep mode".

• @akenaton -- that's right, wakelock is not sleep mode. @Gwak requested:

1. Enables the alarm to be triggered when an event occurs ... for example ... coming from messenger program

As for as I can tell, sleep mode only wakes on alarms -- not network messages. So I thought perhaps wakelock might work instead, as then the program can receive network messages because it is not in app sleep. But I am not an Android developer -- perhaps this is wrong.

• @jeremydouglass=== you are right; if @Gwak wants to receive messages (not only from AlarmManager) wakelock is the best solution.

• edited February 2017

@akenaton, @koogs, @jeremydouglass, Very thanks.

1. trun off: means the smartphone is on but the screen is off
    2. @akenaton (wakelock is the best solution.)   Can you tell me some coding examples through processing? please.

3. What I want is not a primitive principle. I want to make the following through processing. That is, you need to know if it is possible and sample code. please. Thank you very much for your interest.

• @Gwak=== what kind of event is supposed to awake the phone?

• tt

@akenaton

Thank you for your quick reply.

-. Example: Message alarm at 1 pm ( Sample code for this event. )

Thanks.

• @Gwak

I think the most important part to know here is what kind of events will wake up your phone. The more specific details you provide, it is very likely you will get a more specific answer. Right now it is not clear if your event is trigger by a clock alarm-like event, or SMS, or internet events.

@jeremydouglass From my limited experience, wakelock is used to keep the screen on. I am not sure if this is suitable for this challenge as it has to be called by the application meaning that the application must be running. @akenaton, expanding from your previous response, how would you use wakelock in this case?

I think what he wants is to have the application running in the background monitoring for certain events that will cause the application to come to the foreground. Interesting challenge. These might be a start:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9029040/how-to-run-an-android-app-in-background
    https://developer.android.com/training/run-background-service/index.html
    https://developer.android.com/training/run-background-service/create-service.html

Kf

• @kfrajer

Thank you for your interest. If you look at your link, it's information you use on Android. Is this possible in Eclipse?

Is it possible through processing? Do you want to put it into the link source?

I want to make it through a processing tool, please help me.

• edited February 2017

@kfrajer===

semantics problem! wakelock is the name for the general flag in the powerManager but you have choice between 4 flags::

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html#goToSleep(long)

from them i think that the best one in @Gwak case is PARTIAL, because that means that the screen is off but CPU is running and that at any moment some event can be captured (alarm manager) which awakes the screen (releasing the wakelock)

@Gwak=== now i understand what you want; only onequestion: when the app starts what is the screen state??? Turned off?? Or turned off after some event???

• tt

@akenaton

turned off is mean => display off, (button)

Could you give me a sample code?

• edited February 2017 Answer ✓

@Gwak===

2 solutions for that:

first one: with on mouseReleased() you call WindowManager.LayoutParams params = getActivity().getWindow().getAttributes();

and set the screenBrightness to 0;

• hour() && minute (in draw() : when this time limit is >= you use again WindowManager and set the screenBrightness to 1

this is the more simple and not draining battery method

second one:

using PowerManager API and PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK (you launch that from mouseReleased eg) acquire. the screen turns black; CPU is always running; in order to awake your phone you use AlarmManager.

More complicated and draining battery;

You have to add onPause() && on Resume() with wakeLock release; Have also to add permissions (WakeLock)

• @akenaton Easy explanation Thank you.

Can you write the whole sample code? I need some example code. (Please write the code as an example. It's the whole story so it can be executed.)

Please help me. Thank you very much.

• Answer ✓

@Gwak

Do you code your programs in Processing, Eclipse or AS? I believe if you work in eclipse or AS, you can find more code available on the web related to your challenge. I have limited experience with the Android API and Android libraries in Processing are more of a hit and miss: sometimes you find what you need or sometimes it needs to be implemented using native code.

Have you attempted any code from the links I provided you?

Kf

• @kfrajer

I can use Eclipse briefly.

But I want to solve it through a processing program. Is the data you sent possible with processing?

If possible, I want to get an example source for that.

• Answer ✓

@Gwak===try to write your own code from my hints (or in your way) then i can help.

• @akenaton, @kfrajer

Thank you very much for your first comment.

However, there is a reason I want sample samples. You do not think of me.

I did not ask if you could apply the code right away.

The reason I requested the example code is because it is hard to get the answer you gave.

I want the example code to be what I want.

I would appreciate it if you understood.

This discussion has been closed.