Game of Lyfe & Pictures

edited February 2017 in Share Your Work

So I recently stumbled upon game of life, and I can't use an already made program for that! So I decided to make my own version of conway's game of life, but I decided to play around with the settings. I can change the amount of living cells next to a dead one that are necessary to make it come alive, and I can change the "tolerance" of living cells, where they stay alive with a different amount of living cells. Then I added color by taking the amount of living cells adjacent in the previous generation. I also added walls that cannot support life no matter what. This is why I renamed my game to LYFE. I also plan to add a two player mode, but I have not done that yet.

I programmed this is eclipse, so I cannot really port it to open processing or anything(well I could, but I don't know javascript). Anyways, the github link has a zip of the source with some screenshots I was playing around with and it has a zip with a compiled jar of my code(Note: the settings are in, well, the settings folder, and should be mostly self explanatory, but if you have any questions, just ask!). https://github.com/awesommee333/LYFE

And here is a screenshot of something I made with this program: capture-000234SCALED

Comments