Library to redirect 2D and 3D calls and save as postscript?

In Java, there are libraries to write out whatever you see on a window as scalable postscript. This is different than simply storing the window. If you capture the commands and write them out as postscript, they can be printed at any resolution.

Is this already done in Processing? If not, I wrote a great library of postscript which makes it much more compact, since each postscript subroutine roughly matches the set of Processing calls, and I could add the rest. I would love to have a method in the windowing system:

public void writePS(); // write the contents of this window as postscript

Tagged:

Answers

• edited December 2013 Answer ✓

I have moved this topic to the Developing Processing section since it is about creating a library rather than a question about an existing library.

This is an area that I briefly looked into but didn't have the time to take it further. I think being able to save drawings as PostScript is a great idea. I did look at @PhiLho's excellent P8gGraphicsSVG library because it integrates well into Processing and I was considering a similar approach to PostScript.

I think you should have a go at developing a library, I am sure that there would be interest in using it and it would be fun to create it.