How to visualise the time I spend on the Internet every day with processing ?

How to visualise the time I spend on the Internet every day with processing ?

Answers

• @heloise -- this question is currently too broad.

What kind of time-spent data? Your cellphone? Your computer? Will you be categorizing different kinds of time (e.g. email, social media, video, etc.)?

How is the data being collected -- do you have a program for that, or will you be manually entering it into a data file, or are you hoping to use processing for data collection as well as visualization?

Finally, what kind of visualization are you trying to create? A bar chart, a pie chart, a line graph... something else entirely? Do you want it to be animated? There are many examples of different approaches:

• Sorry if Im not clear, I know just the basics about programmation and processing, Im student in graphic design. And I need to use processing for my thesis project.

The thing is, I would like to show the shape of "my internet". For exemple the time I spend every day on it, the kind of website I visit : entertainment, social, work...

For example, More the time you spend on internet and more the shape is big on processing. The shape is red when to majority of the websites you are looking for are social...Ect

And I don"t know how to do. My teacher said to me to find stats with "api" But I installed "Be limitless" on Chrome. With this application you know exactly the time you spend on internet and the type of medias you look for. But I don't know if I can (and how) pick up these stats (from Be limitless) and include them into Processing.

Thank you for your help

• have you read this:

https://www.processing.org/tutorials/data/

?

when you want to use live data: Does it have a API to retrieve data from your program?

• ok, let's have a look at "Be limitless": (from the old thread of yours)

does it store your data in the cloud, that is on a remote server or locally on your local hard drive? When it is on a server, do you have API access? When it is locally, you can load it via loadJSON and the like

then retrieve the data (either way)

then use the data

How does the data look like?