Java Exception everytime i execute code on Linux (x64)

Hi guys, i just downloaded Processing (x64) and i'm trying it on linux. I have installed Oracle JDK 8, but i have some problem with the Processing's IDE. When i try to execute some example, i get this java exception on the console:

Exception in thread "Thread-11" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not open /home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/java/bin/java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=8273,server=y,suspend=y,quiet=y -Djna.nosys=true -Djava.ext.dirs=/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/java/lib/ext -Djava.library.path=:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib -cp /tmp/TextRendering4017854491617563601temp:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-windows-i586.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-linux-armv6hf.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-linux-i586.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-linux-amd64.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/core.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-linux-armv6hf.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-macosx-universal.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-windows-amd64.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-linux-amd64.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-linux-i586.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-windows-i586.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-macosx-universal.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/java/lib/rt.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/lib/ant-launcher.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/lib/ant.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/lib/jna-platform.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/lib/jna.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/lib/pde.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/core.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-linux-amd64.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-linux-armv6hf.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-linux-i586.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-macosx-universal.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt-natives-windows-i586.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/gluegen-rt.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-linux-amd64.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-linux-armv6hf.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-linux-i586.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-macosx-universal.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-windows-amd64.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all-natives-windows-i586.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/core/library/jogl-all.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/JavaMode.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/antlr.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/classpath-explorer-1.0.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/com.ibm.icu.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/jdi.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/jdimodel.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/jdtCompilerAdapter.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/jsoup-1.7.1.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.core.contenttype.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.core.jobs.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.core.resources.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.core.runtime.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.equinox.common.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.equinox.preferences.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.jdt.core.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.osgi.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.eclipse.text.jar:/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/mode/org.netbeans.swing.outline.jar -ea processing.core.PApplet --editor-location=95,205 --external --display=1 --sketch-path=/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/modes/java/examples/Demos/Performance/TextRendering TextRendering at processing.core.PApplet.exec(PApplet.java:3489) at processing.mode.java.runner.Runner$1.run(Runner.java:431) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/java/bin/java": error=2, File o directory non esistente at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:485) at processing.core.PApplet.exec(PApplet.java:3487) ... 2 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, File o directory non esistente at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method) at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:247) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134) at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029) ... 5 more

I'm using bunsenlabs linux (x64) and processing 3 ide (x64)

Answers

• /home/alessio/Downloads/processing-3.2.3/java/bin/java

does this exist? is it executable? try cding to that folder and running ./java -version

that is using the included java btw, not the oracle 8 version. but it's probably best to stick with this

koogs> pwd
    /.../processing-3.1.1/java/bin

koogs> ./java -version
    java version "1.8.0_92"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_92-b14)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.92-b14, mixed mode)

• File o directory non esistente

doesn't look like it exists

• edited December 2016 Answer ✓

Hi koogs, it exists. But i don't understand why i can't execute it with ./java -version, it say it' dosn't exists, but it's it's in the folder, and it's even marked as executable

Edit: My bad, i just saw that i downloaded the x32 version, i tried with the x64 and it seems working. Sorry for the stupid question!!