Problem with ANDROID MODE

edited December 2013 in Android Mode

Hi folks, Last week I tried to start with android mode , but I had a lot of problems .. First of all I had a problem with BUILD FAILED and after reading a lot of discurssions I solved adding in the windows path JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME, but now I'm having another one .

BUILD FAILED

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:892: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:894: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:906: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:284: null returned: 2

Total time: 22 seconds

I found in this forum people that had the same problem, but I couldn't solve anyway , some people say that I should remove the Android SDK Build-tools 19 but I tried and the error continues ..soo I hope some one can help me.

This were the links that I had already read: http://forum.processing.org/one/topic/android-problems.html http://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/982/error-from-inside-the-android-tools/p1

My problems

Tagged:

Answers

• This is the same error found in this similar topic. Perhaps you are using conflicting parts of the SDK, such as level 19 platform-tools and a level 18 build-tools (as suggested by your screenshot). I would recommend doing a full re-install of the SDK at the desired level (probably 18).

• edited December 2013

I tried but :( the BUILD FAILED continues ..

BUILD FAILED C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:892: The following error occurred while executing this line: C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:894: The following error occurred while executing this line: C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:906: The following error occurred while executing this line: C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:284: null returned: 1

Total time: 5 seconds

Now the SDK Manager is :

Sem título Sem título1

And I looked in the link that you posted and I tried to see if i had this: "dex should be located in .../sdk/platform-tools/lib/, named dx.jar."

but inside "...sdk\platform-tools" there is just 3 files : "adb.exe" , "AdbWinApi.dll" and "AdbWINUsbApi.dll" .. only this 3 things. Soo i don't know how to proceed now ...

Any other suggest? I really want to make that work correctly :(

• edited December 2013

You need an older version of the SDK's platform tools (specifically the ADT revision 18.x) If you can't find one, perhaps I can put my local copy up on DropBox...

EDIT: I see that package "Android SDK Platform-Tools" (revision 19) isn't installed. Try installing this before seeking out an older version.

• Ok, I did what you said , install the "Android SDK Platform-Tools" (revisio 19) but still in the same :/

I would like very much if you could share the SDK that you told me .

Man, thank you very much for trying to help me !!!

• please man , don't give up hahahaha help me T.T

• I've uploaded my platform-tools directory. If you're on Windows, it should contain everything necessary. It is unmodified from the Android ADT release. If you still get errors, then you're probably missing something else, as well.

• Thank you very much man!!!! but still having the same error.. could you please send me your "sdk\tools\ant" folder .. i think that the error is here ... or you if its possible, you could share all the sdk folder ? Can you ?

• All right... this is my ant directory. I'm afraid that uploading my entire SDK would be a bit excessive (I have messed around with some things and installed new versions over the years...), so hopefully this will be sufficient. Indeed, ADT v22 changed the ANT build cycle, so this directory is necessary. Hopefully the Processing devs will make it work with the new tools soon...

• Well, that erros disappeared,but unfortunately another show up: when I click "run on device " this is all that appeared:

" [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource anttasks.properties. It could not be found.

-set-mode-check:

-set-debug-files:

-check-env:

BUILD FAILED C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:401: Problem: failed to create task or type checkenv Cause: The name is undefined. Action: Check the spelling. Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared. Action: Check that any / declarations have taken place.

Total time: 1 second "

:(

I don't know what to do anymore..

• Umm... looks like you need a new ant tasks JAR file. This is probably just going to keep going and going, though. Ideally, you'd get a clean install of the ADT v21... perhaps it would be better to start with a fresh ADT v22 and get Processing's requirements upgraded from there.

• Well.. i tried to reinstall everything but the error is the same :( ..I'm going to try to install in another Computer ..maybe is something with windows 8 (is the OS that im using right now ) ...

• When you reinstall, be sure to install the SDK Tools, the SDK Platform-tools, and the SDK Build-tools from the SDK Manager if you have not done so already.

• Thanks veeeery much man for the attention , with the new update 19.1.1.1 (something like that ) it worked , but I'm still have one problem .. the processing stop in "waiting for device to become available processing android" ..I tryed to test in the emulator but didn't work .. but dind't run :/ .

• If I understand correctly, you are now able to build your sketch... but you are not able to run your sketch, either on a device or on the emulator.

This is yet another common problem. Try seeing this post, particularly the most recent comment, which also includes several links to other relevant posts at the bottom.

• no, the build is ok now :) ... i'm having trouble when i'm going to test on the emulator..I'm going to see the post, thanx

• ok.. the build worked .. but now the processing stop in : "Installing sketch on emulator "

and in the debug windows : " . . . -post-build:

debug: Emulator process exited with status 1. "

• My guess is that you weren't patient enough. The emulator can take quite some time to launch, and you may need to launch the sketch again after the emulator is fully loaded.

You can also try launching the emulator from the Android SDK's AVD Manager (from the PDE menu, Android > Android AVD Manager). There may be an issue with Processing starting the emulator.

You can try deleting all of the emulators from the AVD Manager. Processing should create a new one when it tries to launch the sketch.

If you cannot solve the issue, then you can post the specifications of your emulator(s) here so that myself (and others) can narrow down your problem.

• Calsign there are a million billion little things that can go wrong with this simple install. Please provide a video with a set-by-step instruction on how to do the install on windows 7 64-bit. Because I have been trying this setup on different PC's with different versions and the android mode in processing won't run anything. The more I try to fix it the more it breaks.

• edited January 2014

@Tyrell153: Indeed, there are several individual problems that can occur during the installation of sketches onto the emulator, but I am not obligated to create a video as you describe, nor do I have the ability to create such a video. Please explain what, specifically, you have attempted as a means of correcting your emulator problem.

As a general rule, non-constructive criticism and general rage are not well received in this community.

• calsign, dont need a video , you are already helping a lot , look , sometimes works and sometimes don't .. please tell me if Im doing something wrong: I start the emulator and wait until appear the wallpaper screen, right? and them I lauch the processing using "Run in Emulator" ... but sometimes it stop in "Waiting to device become available"..I have to do anything else ?

• Launching on the emulator can be finicky. It's sad to say, but if it works sometimes, that's about the best that you can get. To improve launch speeds, you can leave the emulator open and launch again so that Processing doesn't have tor restart the emulator.

I find that you get much faster install times when using a physical device (if you have one).