Why doesn't mine have a display window?

edited November 2016 in Using Processing

I'm new and had just downloaded Processing, I went to the tutorial's page about getting started and it shows a display window, however mine doesn't. Also, I copied the example given and ran it but it just keeps saying error. Help please?

Answers

• Choose an example from the menu. Does that work?

• What error do you get? Select the text on the console (showing the error) and hit ctrl+c. Then in the forum post the error by hitting ctrl+v.

Kf

• [0] "FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197)" ERROR: transport error 202: socket creation failed: winsock error 10107 ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510) JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [debugInit.c:750] Using startup command: C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\java\bin\java.exe -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=8942,server=y,suspend=y,quiet=y -Djna.nosys=true -Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\java\lib\ext -Djava.library.path=;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Dell\DW WLAN Card;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared;c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\OEM\12.0\DLLShared;c:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\OEM\AudioCore;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\Ringz Studio\Storm Codec\QTSystem;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\java\bin;. -cp C:\Users\Alfred\AppData\Local\Temp\sketch_161125a239043883693615170temp;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\core.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\gluegen-rt-natives-linux-amd64.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\gluegen-rt-natives-linux-armv6hf.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\gluegen-rt-natives-linux-i586.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\gluegen-rt-natives-macosx-universal.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\gluegen-rt-natives-windows-i586.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\gluegen-rt.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\jogl-all-natives-linux-amd64.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\jogl-all-natives-linux-armv6hf.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\jogl-all-natives-linux-i586.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\jogl-all-natives-macosx-universal.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\jogl-all-natives-windows-amd64.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\jogl-all-natives-windows-i586.jar;C:\Users\Alfred\Desktop\processing-3.2.3\core\library\jogl-all.jar;lib;lib\pde.jar;core\library\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\jna-platform.jar;lib\antlr.jar;lib\ant.jar;lib\ant-launcher.jar -ea processing.core.PApplet --editor-location=333,84 --external --display=1 --sketch-path=C:\Users\Alfred\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled4520975676016111365sketches\sketch_161125a sketch_161125a

• Did you try one of the examples?