is it possible to make with Processing? (holodesk)

edited October 2016 in Kinect

hi, I'm student who first time to try programming and use processing. so, I don't have any idea about this tool.

so I want to know about my Question before I start my project.

it's an example link.

holodesk by MS.

btw, It's used 'kinect', but I'll use 'leap motion' instead 'kinect'

Answers

• Possible? Yes. But it's not easy.

• @hardbrain -- it is a bad idea to choose something like HoloDesk (doing complex interactions with 3D / depth modeling) for a first time programming / Processing project. Also, imitating a very specific tech demo based on the Kinect and then trying to implement it with the Leap Motion -- not easy for a beginning project!

Instead, start out using the Leap Motion libraries and running simple demo sketches. Once you get those running a good first project is to try to come up with an idea base on what those demos show and taking it in a new direction.

Use out the Processing app > Contribution Manager > Libraries and search for "Leap" to install the two Leap Motion libraries. Both are also linked from the libraries webpage with documentation and examples.

See these Leap Processing resources -- some of which may be very old / out of date, but there might be something interesting in there.

• @jeremydouglass Thank you for your appreciate. I'll learn some more for your suggest.