Sending midi to propellerhead reason

Hi all!

I just started using processing and allready have a question.

I try to send midi output to reason (propellerhead). I tested the midiBus library for this. After playing around I noticed that I need some kind of virtual midi cable in order to make something usefull with it. Here I use loopMidi to crrate virtual midi cables and send midi data to these virtual midi cables.

Now my question is: has anyone managed to map these virtual midi cables to reason? I know how it works with external midi hardware, where I can map knobs and things. Normaly I just select the desired knobs inside reason and than use the desired knob on the hardware to map it. So I think I would need to configure it like this - with the difference, that I need to trigger some value changes on specific midi channels from processing?

Another problem is, that the created virtual midi cables don't show up in the list of available midi devices inside reason. Am I on the wrong way and loopMidi is not suitable for uses like this?

A lot of questions and text, but maybe someone else struggled with this also? Thanks for your answers!

Cheers, Tomo

edit: maybe this is the wrong place for my question, since it is not so much related to processing only, but I hope that someone here can help me :-)

Answers

• Ok I figured it out.

The problem was that I used the wrong methods. E.g. I used note on instead of controler change.

Thread can be closed :-)