Sound analysis on input from microphone on Android device

edited August 2016 in Android Mode

Hi

I have gotten a request for a sound reactive project for Android phones. I want to read the incoming audio from the microphone on the Android device and animate the graphics based on the sound - potentially via a FFT analysis. I know how to do it on desktop using FFT analysis in Processing using the build in sound library or FFT in Processing using minim but is this possible in Android mode?

It seems like Minim does not work in Android mode, but perhaps you guys can point me towards another approach or library? Or can I just use Processings build in sound library directly?

Cheers Andreas

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

@Andreas_Ref:::

unfortunately you cannot do that with minim or any P5 lib but (not so easy!) with android && TarsosDSP

• edited August 2016

Okay, thanks! Do have any experience with this, or know any good tutorials / templates for someone like me coming from a Processing background?

• @Andreas_Ref=== i have worked && made an app with Tarsos, it runs fine; as for learning, there are many examples with the download, though some of them must be updated.