Developing Joint Movement/Displacement Detector using Processing 3 and Kinect v2

edited August 2016 in Kinect

Hi guys! I am now working on Kinect, pretty new to it. I want to detect the displacement of one specific joint in LIVE. For example, my right hand is at top right corner now. Then when I move my right hand to the center of the screen, I want the program to calculate the distance travelled by my right hand joint. If possible, save the data in a excel file too later.

Now I am stucked to get the new coordinates of my new position. I draw the skeleton based on the example in Processing: SkeletonColor. I was thinking to add a new function that calculates displacement, but when I put the function inside the for loop in void draw(), the original joint coordinates keep updating. It makes the displacement value 0 (because the new and old joint locations are exactly the same). I also tried to use if function to separate two coordinates within two different frameCount, but it doesn't seem to work at all.

Does anybody has a solution for this? Have you guys heard a project like this before? Answers are very welcome. Thanks in advance!

Best, GH