Control P5 ListBox - how to view long string item

edited July 2016 in Android Mode

I am guessing that this is not possible but here goes: I am using Control P5 ListBox to list SMS in Android Mode. Everything works great and the ListBox is scrollable so I can scroll down to see older messages, the only problem is that the occasional SMS is too long for the screen (it just disappears like thi)

So my question is, can I make the ListBox horizontally scrollable somehow, or is there some other way to see the whole of each SMS in the ListBox? Like auto line feed? So far I can't see it.

By the way this is not a problem that is specific to Android, the ListBox example will exhibit the same issue if you make the ListBox the same size as the sketch size() and input some long strings. It is more of a problem on android because of the smaller screen (I am using a Tablet but still...)

If anyone has any ideas for me to try I would be grateful.

Tagged:

Answers

• You can try implementing a spinner, an Android widget. You have the option to enable the horizontal scroll bar feature:

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/View.html#setHorizontalScrollBarEnabled(boolean)

I am not sure if this is a good solution as this would mean you will be mixing controls.

Kf

• Thanks kf I actually am learning Android development so it's good to know about. For this app I need to use the ListBox it acts as a kind of array for strings as well as displaying them. Also I am lazy and the app is nearly finished (send selected sms to pc over wifi)

My hack temporary solution was to use a smaller font size now all text is visible on the tablet screen in horizontal layout at least