Nice transitions between scenes for 3D environment as an real-time interactive project

edited June 2016 in Library Questions

Dear all,

I am currently working on a project in a 3D environment, it's a real-time interactive project. I would like to know is there any library or way to make transition between scenes instead of outputting to VJ software like Resolume to make it work.

The code has already built in a quite complicate geometric results, like landscape, raining effect, swarm behaviors. Of course, I can find a way to code it with transparency changing, but it would be quite a lot of works. Or otherwise, I might simply use black background with transparency to gradually re-flash the scene. The other thing is the transition of camera, since I am using PeasyCam, it could be an issue as well.

So I just wonder is there any nice library designed for this purpose, especially for 3D. Is the animation libraries, such as ijeomamotion or motion would be helpful? Or is there any simply solution for this. Just for reminding, it's a rea-time interactive project, so to render as a movie and post edit it is not a solution.

Thanks for whoever answer in advance. Looking forward to it!