PDF book collaboration/help on the structure code.

Hello! I am Maxime, a student in graphic design, At university Uqam in Montreal. I have been interested in processing for few years but without understanding it. I had the chance to have a class this semester, I star to understand but still have to look around for each thing I want to do and this takes a lot of time. I also have a Book design class and I have decided to do the book in processing.

The idea is to make a book that is adaptable for each user and the content will be different or place differently each time.

I am looking for help to build the structure, because of my knowledge I feel that I will not be able to meet the deadline. I am willing to give time in return if you have a project that needs a designer graphic but after May 4.

I have decided to work with online data base of movies, the video and subtile of 10 movies I have chosen, but I want the user to be able to use is 10 own movies.

I have 3 section in the book.

Upload pre-design content in pdf: maybe be, in some page I will add text like the name of the user or title of the movie via processing

Catalogue of the movies: go to the online data base and get the info and image of the movie. This part I am halfway true.

Glitched timeline: it will be 96 pages (I know it strange why not a 100 but the book binding is made with 16-page booklet). It will redistribute the video frame randomly and the subtitle in chronological order true the page. Each page is 1.04% of the movie, p. 1 will be from 0 to 1.04% of the movie. Page 5 will be 4.16 to 5.2%. each page will choose a frame randomly between the time of the page and the 10 movies. Some page will choose 2 image. On the same page will also display different subtile form the same time frame but not necessarily from the same movie. I want the data of the movie have an influence on the page. I will go more into detail if someone is interested.

On what I need more help.

Create a class that go get my data and be able to use it in each section. At the moment the code go get the data each time.

The biggest help I need is on the glitched timeline section. On how to get the random image frame and the random subtitles to display and print on the pdf. Also help on some data visualization with typography. That is inspired by the code of Chrisir.

I will like the end result is a pdf similar to the god of PhiLho but draw on screen. I really like to see it building itself.

That is the general idea, I will go more into detail if someone is interested.

Thanks in advance. Thanks to all the help, I have got from this forum in the pass few weeks.

This is a visual inspiration for the Glitched timeline inspiration

This is where I am on the catalogue page! still have to work on detail and add stuff. Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 8.47.20

Tagged: