Windows 10 doesn't like Processing?

edited February 2016 in Using Processing

I have just tried to install Processing(3&2.1.1) and Windows kicks the splash screen and then immediately an error saying" this program is1% incompatible with this system". I have gone into the compatibility settings and tried to run it with Windows 8 and Windows 7 settings and it does the same thing. I have updated, reinstalled and rebooted in almost every permutation I can think of and it still gives me the error. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tagged:

Answers

• i run p3 under win10

64 bit

i had to add folders as exceptions to my avira anti virus program once

• update graphic card driver?

look at the tag wontstart in this forum

• Chrisir, Thanks for the tips. I am trying to sort out if this might be a hardware related problem. I'm using a Lenovo s100 which has an Intel Atom processor and I'm wondering if the Windows10 porting on this processor isn't the problem. I've run Processing on every operating system there is for a decade and this is the first real problem I've had. I'll check the tags and see if there's a trail of breadcrumbs.

• Just downloaded and run Processing 3 on Windows 10. Like Chrisir I got a warning and had to set appropriate permissions; but otherwise seems to run no probs. Admittedly on a Core i7; but I'd be surprised if the Atom processor is a problem: I've had no problems with that in the past under Linux. If you have any firewall/antivirus running try disabling it temporarily and running Processing; in case this is the root cause of the issue.

• i had to add folders as exceptions to my avira anti virus program once

I have to say, when I had to do this, processing was starting and running fine, it just had issues to run sketches. So it is different from your situation / issue.

• but tag this thread with wontstart and then click on it

;-)

• Hey Y'all, Problem solved. The Lenovo 100S won't run 64bit but will run 32bit(Faux64). I think this is a corollary to my idea that it's a hardware issue. I hope this finds its way to other Lenovo users. Thank you everyone for the feedback.

• Answer ✓

Great!

• Also of note for Lenovo users: The Android SDK file path will have to be manually declared. P3 is pretty good at walking you through the process, but that was a glitch for me.