Bluetooth from scratch

edited February 2016 in Android Mode

hey guys i am Tushar,getting straight into topic ,guys i am new to android development ,after reading some post on bluetooth control in processing http://arduinobasics.blogspot.in/2013/03/arduino-basics-bluetooth-android.html#comment-form ,i straight away tried in processing ,guess what API 10 is no longer supported in latest processing ,besides that post was from a long time ago,i am looking to go into basics although ketai library does the job ,but i really dont like using libraries,any help will be wonderful and thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

@tarkesh2shar===

• API10 is not supported by P3XX; min SDK is 15

• Ketai lib was updated in june 2015 for P3, it works

• if you don't want to use ketai for bluetooth you have to code android native; in this case i cannot see any interest to use P3...

• @akenaton so you are saying we cannot code native android in processing 3?,sorry i am new to this,

• you can but what is the interest of using a lot of workarounds???

• edited February 2016

you are right ,in a sense the job gets done,but the problem is libraries doesnt teach us a lot of basic stuff,anyways i could not find any sources on native android in processing ,i wonder if people still use old ways lol,so you seems to have worked with ketai ,could you tell me how to save image from camera and view it later ,i made an app (without trouble lol),but i dont know how to save it ,and tanks for the info

• @tarkesh2shar===

what i mean is:: if you want to code with pure native android better way is to use another ide (eclipse, android studio or...); in this moment p5 is only a kind of graphics library for android...As for Ketai, i am not sure but it seems to me that it has some method called savePhoto(). Please format your code.