PS3 - Manual instalation of libraries and tools, is it possible?

In Processing 2 it was possible to manually install a library or tool simply by placing it in the appropriate folder in the sketch folder.

This no longer works with Processing 3 (at least for me). It appears that that libraries and tools must be installed through the Contributions Manager which makes it impossible to test them in the PDE before release - crazy!

Anyone know a way round this.

Answers

• i manually added today toxiclibs library, it works as expected..which library did you manually install?

• G4P and GUI Builder tool

• Can you see Toxiclibs in the Sketch > Import library menu option and in the examples from File > Examples menu option.

Are you using Processing 3.0.1 ?

• will try again later, sourceforge site is down....which os do you use?

• sorry for the delay..email notifications never actually worked in the forum..

so i manually installed G4P library, i can import it & i can see the examples. everything works fine..and yes processing 3.0.1

i am on linux, so i guess its an OS thing?

• edited February 2016

I just manually installed G4P 4.03 in the Processing 3.01 libraries folder in Mac OS X El Capitan. It shows up in both the Import Library menu and in the Examples window. The CoolSliders demo works just fine.

HTH

• Answer ✓

Thanks for the answers guys. The problem was that I had not set the correct directory for PS3 in the preferences. :\">